Stay Informed May 20, 2020
Our reopening schedule for June will be as follows:
Sunday schedule: Continue with two services in morning with no SS, nursery, choir or evening services. While we encourage everyone to continue to distance, all pews will be open. Starting in June, will no longer be attending by alphabetical order, feel free to attend either the 9:15 or 11am service.
Wednesday schedule: First two Wednesday's in June will include bible study in sanctuary and youth bible study in youth room. No children's activities or nursery. Wednesday night children's activities will resume the third Wednesday in June with nursery provision to be determined.
We will continue to reopen incrementally hoping to be back to normal before long.
- Brother Danny
- We will have two services, the first at 9:15, the second at 11:00. (Please try not to arrive until around 15 minutes before service times so that we can have everything prepared for the services.)
- Both services will be the same. For those that can't, or prefer not to attend just yet, we will be recording the first service, and it will be available for viewing on our website or on YouTube by 4pm.
- To accommodate for adequate seating, we ask that, if possible, families with last names beginning with the letters A-L to attend the 9:15 service, and those with names M-Z attend the 11:00 service. Larger family groups with differing last names are welcome to attend either service. For example, the Wrights may certainly attend with the Dixons.
- We will not be offering Sunday School, Children's Church or Nursery at this time. (Maranda will continue posting the "Kids Page" online until SS resumes.)
- To ration cleaning and sanitizing supplies, we will not be having Sunday evening, Wednesday evening services or choir practice at this time.
- Only every other pew will be open.
- Please practice distancing of six feet between family units.
- Wearing of a face mask is totally up to you; we will have some available but please bring your own if you can.
- To minimize sanitizing and cleaning, only the sanctuary and foyer area of our campus will be open.
- There will be an usher in place to open the door for you when you arrive.
- We will dismiss by row at the end of each service.
- All pews, door handles, and frequently touched surfaces will be sanitized between services.
- We will not be "passing the plate" during worship. There will be two wooden boxes on the foyer table available for any offerings.
- We ask that you please be considerate of others when it comes to handshakes and hugs.
For those of you that might not feel comfortable attending just yet, that's perfectly fine...we'll have a place saved for you! And remember to watch online at 4:00pm.
I was thinking about it this week. In our previous church, the first two summers we were there we didn't have air-conditioning, and many of our folks worked on a dairy and had to come straight from their chores. Social distancing was basically automatic!
I look forward to seeing you all and having a great day in the Lord despite all the "stuff"!
We have had many inquiries about how to send in offerings. We do not wish to solicit funds during what may be financially difficult times for some; however, if you feel so led, please send offerings by mail to:
Attn: Bobby East
PO Box 160
Dennis TX 76439